A belated thank you to all the people who showed up at the CMC‘s Colorado Mountain Fest and participated in my talk + workshop! Thanks to the CMC for having me. Below are a few of my favorite slides from the talk.
Here’s some more information on the talks I do – if you’d like to see me talk in your city, help out by telling your favorite outdoor gear/bike shop to get in touch with me. Tell them how stoked you’d be to have me share my stories, inspiration, and advice.Continue reading…
By around 5:00pm, Peter and I had made our way to Tomato Rock via an overgrown mining road that used to end at a nearby (now closed) quarry. My feet feel as if I’ve been walking on glass for the last 13 hours. My hands, filleted.Continue reading…
I HAD SO MUCH FUN on my “failed” Nolans run. “Failed” in quotes, as I believe I set my intention on trying to do the best I could do to get through summiting 14 14ers in a row in less than 60 hours. But I came up short – only summiting 7. Cutting it short felt the best thing to do at the time.
Here’s how my 33 hours on the Nolans Line went down:Continue reading…
It’s becoming, “put up or shut up” time my attempt at a Nolans run: Fall will soon becoming a reality as the days are getting shorter and the temperature is surely to drop. I also have a guiding gig in September that will take priority soon. One more lightning fast trip out for a dress rehearsal for my gear selections.Continue reading…
Surprising myself even, I made a trip to the Sawatch to scout out a potential Nolans run. I’ll make it my own, but one of the goals is to do the line, TH to TH (Northbound) unsupported under 60 hours.Continue reading…
The Ultimate Direction SCRAM is a large-capacity running vest that’s been toughened up and given storage capacity for all-day missions, allowing you to take it anywhere to help in supporting you doing essentially anything.
- Pros: Classic Ultimate Direction Running Vest Design, tons of storage, tough materials, minimalist.
- Cons: Maybe too minimalist for some? Not perfect for a dedicated running vest: if you don’t need the storage, this isn’t the best vest for you.
- Weight: 445 grams / 15.7 ounces
- Storage Capacity: 23.5 Liters
- Interesting To: mountain runners, skimo, fast-and-light climbing missions, bikepacking
- Best For: those needing a lot of capacity, but not yet Fastpack-capacity; people who are very tough on gear
- Price: $134.95
- More information: The Ultimate Direction SCRAM | Adventure Collection
- Purchase at Ultimate Direction | REI | Backcountry