Time to tally up all the successes (and failures) from this year’s (mis)adventures:Continue reading…
Check it out, and share your feedback. I’ll be moving forward with other mountains in the Front Range, as well as chapters on topics brought up from the survey.
I’ve decided to write this book in small pieces and share drafts of the chapters publicly. I’m doing so for a lot of reasons which I’ll expound upon in a separate post.Continue reading…
The State of Colorado features a land mass that’s one third Public Land! This makes access to this land for hiking, camping, and riding extremely plentiful.
There are some finer points to consider when designing your own trip:
National Forest/BLM Land
Work in Progress
Choice Trip Itineraries
Take LP13: East Longs Peak TH via Betasso/Swiss Trail/Sourdough up towards the East Longs Peak TH.
I’m currently writing a book! I’ve decided to make development open and public, so you can see what I’m up to, check out the content and give back feedback.
Guidelines on where you can ride/hike/bivy in Colorado
With the early season snow coming to Colorado, some of my bikepacking plans have had to be delayed for a few weeks. Even though I’m ready and my bike’s ready, I’ll have to wait for the weather and roads to clear up.Continue reading…
Trip reports + notes are spread throughout my site, as they were written organically:
Additional blog entries can be found with the category, tour-of-the-highest-hundred
At a Glance
- Pros: Comfortable, roomy, extremely well-designed
- Cons: stuff sack to use as bikepacking bag is a great idea, but may need to be further developed as a solid feature
- Tent Stakes/accessories: 121 grams
- Stuff Sack: 111 grams
- Tent Poles: 363 grams
- Rain Fly: 348 grams
- Tent Body: 337 grams
- Integrated Footprint (sold separately): 169 grams
- Total Packed Weight: 1.13kg
- Interesting To: Bikepackers and Ultralight hikers who want a tent rather than a tarp/bivy setup
- Best For: Those who seek comfort and privacy only a tent can provide
- Price: $399.95, Ground Cloth: (suggested): $65