It’s becoming, “put up or shut up” time my attempt at a Nolans run: Fall will soon becoming a reality as the days are getting shorter and the temperature is surely to drop. I also have a guiding gig in September that will take priority soon. One more lightning fast trip out for a dress rehearsal for my gear selections.Continue reading…
Surprising myself even, I made a trip to the Sawatch to scout out a potential Nolans run. I’ll make it my own, but one of the goals is to do the line, TH to TH (Northbound) unsupported under 60 hours.Continue reading…
The Ultimate Direction SCRAM is a large-capacity running vest that’s been toughened up and given storage capacity for all-day missions, allowing you to take it anywhere to help in supporting you doing essentially anything.
- Pros: Classic Ultimate Direction Running Vest Design, tons of storage, tough materials, minimalist.
- Cons: Maybe too minimalist for some? Not perfect for a dedicated running vest: if you don’t need the storage, this isn’t the best vest for you.
- Weight: 445 grams / 15.7 ounces
- Storage Capacity: 23.5 Liters
- Interesting To: mountain runners, skimo, fast-and-light climbing missions, bikepacking
- Best For: those needing a lot of capacity, but not yet Fastpack-capacity; people who are very tough on gear
- Price: $134.95
- More information: The Ultimate Direction SCRAM | Adventure Collection
- Purchase at Ultimate Direction | REI | Backcountry
Third Flatiron x3, Second Flatiron
Bikepacking With Justin Simoni | 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Have you ever wondered what it would take to combine backpacking and
biking? Join us for this presentation about bike packing from Justin
Simoni, a guy who has spent countless hours traveling by bike to remote
I’m putting together the page(s) documenting my Sangres Fastpack (narrative full of feels pending still).
The gear list is up! This took many hours longer than I would have thought, but I hope it helps you with your own wild and precious trips.Continue reading…
Sangre de Cristo; Sangre Fría; Solo y Sin Apoyo
Fastpack Has Been Completed!
Safely + Successfully. This post will be kept up, but I’ll be documenting the trip in different ways on its own group of pages here.Continue reading…
Some of my favorite photos from guiding out in the Gates of the Arctic National Park and Preserve in June of 2019. I’ll be updating this as I edit the photos.Continue reading…
A successful time assisting with guiding duties with Andrew Skurka in the Gates of the Arctic National Park/Preserve! So many stories to share; more projects to get prepared for.