On the Long Ranger Blog

From: "Long Ranger Express" <me@PROTECTED>
Date: January 3rd 2022

Howdy Everyone,

It's the first Monday of the month! Here's what's been happening on the blog:

My Five Favorite Trips of 2021

Slaughterhouse Gulch

2021 was a tough year to get through – but I tried to make the best of it! Long, self-contained adventures are already my main jam, so it was easy to adapt to the topology of 2021. Here’s some of the favorite trips I took out in Colorado.

Read More

Training Journal: 12/20/21 – 12/26/21

Merry Christmas!

Monday

Bicycle Commute (20 miles)

Chapman

A little post work Chapman Ride to get some more mileage. So happy for the dedicated bike lane to the start. More traffic than I was expecting going down Flagstaff, as parking is supposed to not be happening after 9.

Read More

Top Fastpacking Gear Picks

I recorded the above video somewhat on a whim – but it goes through some of the gear I use on my fastpacking trips. The way I pack is covered here, and what I bring to eat is covered here.

Read More

Stuck Again! Stuck on Freeway II – Flatirons, Boulder, Colorado

Read More

Training Journal: 12/6/21 – 12/12/21

Freeway Diving Board!

Monday

Bike Commute (~20 miles)

Bouldering @ Movement, 2 hours

Good session. Made work on a new V6, which was topped relatively easy. Worked on the campus board until close.

Tuesday

Bike Commute (~20 miles)

Chapman Drive

A little post-work ride, then to the store to get some OJ for my very sick partner.

Read More

Training Journal: 11/28/21 – 12/5/21

East Face, Longs Peak in the waning light

Been a little lax with keeping up the online training journal. This usually means something good, like I’m busy using my time for other things. But I enjoy doing it all the same. Although weekly, I’ll start with last Sunday, since it was a Big Day:

Sunday

Longs Peak Duathlon: East Chimney/South Face

A good day out.

Read More

Longs Peak Self-Powered: East Chimney/South Face

Read More

Until next time,

Long May You Range!

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

News and updates from Justin Simoni as: THE LONG RANGER

Privacy Policy:

We don't share your personal information with anyone, for any reason.