On the Long Ranger Blog

From: "Long Ranger Express" <me@PROTECTED>
Date: April 4th 2022

Howdy Everyone,

It's the first Monday of the month! Here's what's been happening on the blog:

Training Journal: 3/28/22 – 4/3/22

Green Mountain Moss

Monday

Bike Commuting (20 miles)

Tuesday

Bike Commuting (20 miles)

Wednesday

Bouldering @ Movement, 2 hours

New set up on the more vertical walls! Pretty tricky problems, but the grading is kinda off (mostly soft). Got a V7 in about two tries, which is real suspect.

Read More

LAKE COMO OR BUST! Bikepacking to a Little Bear / Blanca / Ellingwood Fastpack!

Little Bear West Ridge

Read More

Training Journal: 3/21/22 – 3/27/22

NCAR Fire

Monday

Bike Commuting, 8 miles

Tuesday

Bike Commuting, 14 Miles

Green Mountain

A late night sess. up Green Mountain. I got up this morning around 4:30 am, and couldn’t fall back to sleep, which adds to the amazement (to me), that I then felt not only up to a run up Green, but that a run up Green would need to be absolutely mandatory.

Read More

2022 Project Dreamin’

East Face, Longs Peak in the waning light

It’s that time of the year! The clean spring air and warm sun makes me start dreaming of what to do this summer. Here’s some of the projects I’d like to get on – some of which would benefit partnering up for.

Read More

The long way up: Boulder Weekly

Wild Basin by bike! Time to get to work.

This week’s Boulder Weekly includes the story of my solo January Longs Peak Duathlon up Keplingers Couloir – a project I’ve tried and failed at for years. Have a read.

Read More

Training Journal: 3/7/22 – 3/13/22

Turkeys in Gregory Canyon

Monday

Bike Commute, 10 miles

Tuesday

Bike Commute, 20 miles

Wednesday

Bouldering @ Movement, 2 hours

New set on the overhanging wall, which is enough to completely overtake my attention. A few V5’s and a V6 (seemed undercooked), and working on a V7 at the end of the session which actually seemed pretty doable.

Read More

Training Journal: 2/28/22 – 3/6/22

Snowy Dino Mountain

Monday

Bike Commuting ~8 miles

Lunch Time Squats

Nothing crazy, just getting a solid set in.

Tuesday

Bike Commuting ~14 miles

Bouldering @ Movement, 2 hours

Got psyched up and decided to look at a V8 problem. It has the qualities that may make a top by me successful: not too steep, tiny crimps, somewhat techy.

Read More

Until next time,

Long May You Range!

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

News and updates from Justin Simoni as: THE LONG RANGER

Privacy Policy:

We don't share your personal information with anyone, for any reason.