On the Long Ranger Blog

From: "Long Ranger Express" <me@PROTECTED>
Date: October 4th 2021

Howdy Everyone,

It's the first Monday of the month! Here's what's been happening on the blog:

Training Journal: 9/20/21 – 9/26/21

Mt. Meeker from SE Longs

Monday

Bouldering @ Movement, 2 hours

Fine session, but I almost really screwed up the pooch big time. I was working on a V6 on the overhanging wall that a few weeks ago, I couldn’t get the first move on. A few moves in, there’s a very deep and secure heel hook for your left foot, before reaching for a handhold on your right.

Read More

Training Journal: 9/13/21 – 9/19/21

Another Beautiful Day in the Park! Approaching Notchtop

Monday

Rest!

Tuesday

Freeway/Third w/Nolan

(former) Housemate Nolan and I haven’t hanged out in a while, so it was time to remediate that. Nolan hasn’t scrambled in a while, so we did a casual lap of Freeway, then a lap on the Third get ‘im reintroduced.

Read More

Training Journal: 9/6/21 – 9/12/21

Crux of the Oklahoma/Massive traverse

Monday

Second and Third Flatiron

Fun easy time in the hills. Free for All, then up the Third. Met someone that asked for help getting down from the third via the usual downclimb and I was happy to help. Then as we got to the usual rappel landing, someone needed help getting their rope unstuck from the summit, so back I went up to do this dude a favor.

Read More

Half Moon Complete Revolution: Elbert to Massive the Hard Way

Casco Peak from Bull Hill

Elbert/Bull Hill/Casco/Frasco/French/Champion/13736/Deer/Oklahoma/Massive Mania

Summiting both Mt. Elbert and Mount Massive – the highest and second highest peak in Colorado, in the same day is usually a big but doable day out. Trailheads for the easiest routes up are practically across the road; the trails are both rated as an easy Class 1.

Read More

Training Journal: 8/30/21 – 9/5/21

Third Flatiron from the West Ironing Board

Monday

Bouldering @ Movement, 2 hours

Tuesday

Rest

Wednesday

Rest

Thursday

Third Flatiron Laps, Green Chimney/West Ironing Board

My plan was to do at least five laps of the Third, but I was chased off the start of my second lap by rain.

Read More

Until next time,

Long May You Range!

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

News and updates from Justin Simoni as: THE LONG RANGER

Privacy Policy:

We don't share your personal information with anyone, for any reason.