Long Form: Ceiling Zero on Thirsty Peak Long Ranger

From: "Long Ranger Express" <me@PROTECTED>
Date: July 8th 2022

As soon as the bus pulls into Salida, I’m out the front door, heading down to the old school motel – the one at the outskirts of town with the larger than life flamingo statues, classic cars decorating the front, and rock-bottom room prices. I check in, throw my pack on the bed, then I’m out the door for dinner and to find a few forgotten necessities I’ll need for the next week. Lights out after finishing up my French fries; a 1:30 am alarm set.

By 2:30am, I’m starting out from the Loaf ‘n Jug at the end of the corner, briskly walking up CR 107 towards the summit of Methodist Mountain, the first of a few dozen peaks that I’ll be topping out while traversing the entire Sangre de Cristo range, until the end of my traverse on Little Bear Peak, 120 miles away.

Continue reading"Ceiling Zero on Thirsty Peak" on the Long Ranger site

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

News and updates from Justin Simoni as: THE LONG RANGER

Privacy Policy:

We don't share your personal information with anyone, for any reason.