On the Long Ranger Blog

From: "Long Ranger Express" <me@PROTECTED>
Date: December 7th 2020

Howdy Everyone,

It's the first Monday of the month! Here's what's been happening on the blog:

Training Journal – 11/16/20 – 11/22/20

Views of Glacier Gorge from the Narrows - McHenrys front and center. Crazy to think it's only been a few months since I was traversing the whole section of the Continental Divide

Monday

Rest.

Tuesday

Bouldering @ Movement, ~2 hours

Wednesday

Rest.

Thursday

Bouldering @ Movement, ~2 hours

Friday

Ride up Deer Trail

Just a nice ride before work. Getting used to my new schedule and one less responsibility in my life, so now morning stuff is doable.

Read More

Training Journal – 11/9/20 – 11/15/20

A pretty frustrating week. The body is just so incredibly tight and isn’t happy. Most of it is thankfully just tight muscles and nothing else. I’m still adapting to my new work schedule/load and trying to figure out how to fit in all the things I want to do around it, while also dealing with the ennui zeitgeist.

Read More

Mt. Toll North Face, Kasparov Traverse, Navajo Peak North Face: Vlog #4

This footage was untouched for a few months, but the trip was done last August (2020). I don’t feel a pressing need to edit these down – I kinda like the raw clunkiness of it all. It’s an incredible line though, and one I had the pleasure to have done three times last summer.

Read More

Training Journal – 11/2/20 – 11/8/20

Monday

Climbing @ Movement, 2 hours

Good session with Chris. Finally felt like I had improved. Nabbed a steep .10d on the lead wall that’s been thwarting me, then tried a few burns on an .11b. Most of the session was on the lead wall.

Read More

Training Journal – 10/26/20 – 11/1/20

Monday

Rest (mostly)

A small snowy bike ride home, and then I just hung out keeping warm.

Tuesday

Climbing @ Movement, 2 hours

A good session with Chris – I’m not sure though if I managed anything I’m proud of. I’m struggling on the lead wall – even a 10d is giving me fits.

Read More

Until next time,

Long May You Range!

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

News and updates from Justin Simoni as: THE LONG RANGER

Privacy Policy:

We don't share your personal information with anyone, for any reason.