Help me write a guidebook

From: "Long Ranger Express" <me@PROTECTED>
Date: November 27th 2019

Howdy everyone,

Finally time to start walking the walk to match the talk I've been talking: I'm beginning the long process of writing a guidebook! What about?

Bikepacking to the Colorado 14ers, of course! I promise that I'll publish something, even if that means xeroxing copies of all the pages I've written myself at the copy shopp, drawing the maps myself, and stapling all the pages up by hand. Or making this all into a web-app-thing - whatever it is the kids are doing these days.

And whatever its final form, I'll be releasing chapters as I write them, so people can read everything, give feedback, and help me make the final product that much better. It's also Winter, and I want to help start to fuel the stoke for your own self-powered 14er adventures come next summer. I'm going to need a lot of help with all of this, and I may even ask for help financially via GoFundMe or with whatever whats-it is in style - this is a labor of love and all and my goals are for you to have fun out there. For now: would you please fill in a quick survey? I just want to know who y'all are, and how I can best serve you.

Here's the link to the survey:

I've also set up a FB Group for the future guidebook, so you can more easily find partners and community, ask questions, get condition  reports - all that type of stuff. If you're not a Facebook person, but more of the Redditor-type, I've got one of those set up, too.

A belated Thank You! for everyone who came to my talk + workshop over at the American Mountaineering Center during the Colorado Mountain Club's Mountain Feast! We had a ball. If you'd like me to come to your town, get your local mountaineering store/bike shop to get a hold of me. Here's a good page to send them. I'll come ride out with my slideshow and help y'all dream up big dreams of future self-powered adventures.

I think that's about all I've got for you, now. Last week, I snuck in a bike ride to the East Longs Peak TH, and got me a summit of Longs herself,

Today, everything in town is under two feet of snow! Just goes to show you how quickly reality can change. Best to take action now, and have less regret later.

Stay safe out there, and Long May You Range!

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

News and updates from Justin Simoni as: THE LONG RANGER

Privacy Policy:

We don't share your personal information with anyone, for any reason.