Currently, hanging out in Breckenridge, enjoying a quiet Christmas, getting my leftover mimosa on – getting up early tomorrow to hike a few mountains. Perhaps something like this:
“So where did you come up from?”, the lone
person on Bear Peak inquired.
It’s been about 5? months since the 2011 running of the Tour Divide and I’ve been quite quiet here this site. Kind of want to apologize, as my intention wasn’t to show you how I trained, do the race and then: disappear. 5 months is a long time to recap, so I will barely try but a few major points:
- Sunday: Rest?
- Mon/Tue/Wed: total of 73 miles
- Thursday: Rest?
- Friday: 94 Miles
- Saturday: 43 Miles
Total Mileage: 210 Miles
Except for Friday’s crushing 94 miles, this was a pretty chill week. I had planned much more epic trips, but they didn’t quite materialize, if not for me not being ready, because the weather last week, sucked.
I took the SPOT II tracker with me for all my rides this week (I think?) and have it record my progress. The tracks are a little disappointing in their resolution, but it may be partly the fault of my placement of the device – either in the feedbag of my top tube, or in the upper pocket of my hiking pack.
The BIG news of the end of this month, is that I have met and completely surpassed my 1200 Miles in the Month of March Challenge! I have ridden 1331 miles this month (oooh, ominous number!) and feel pretty damn on top of things, when it comes to hauling long miles on a simple bicycle.
Weather seemed a little iffy on Tuesday, so I decided to keep the ride local. I had a idea for the weekend on what/where to ride and it was going to be a whopper ride in the mountains. I didn’t want to cover any of the tarmac I’d be doing on that ride, so I thought I’d just spin around in circles a little bit, up and down a little local aberration on the topo map called Lookout Mountain.
- Sunday: Boulder Populaire plus a little prologue in the mountains and finally getting (somehow) home – 170 miles
- Monday: Rest! 10 miles
- Tuesday: Rest! 12 miles
- Wednesday: Easy 51 miles to Chatfield Res. and back
- Thursday: Rest! 10 miles
- Friday: Denver to Parker to Chatfield Res.
- Sunday: Rest! 13 miles
- Monday: Up Lookout Mt through Evergreen and down to Morrison, back to Denver, 101 miles
- Tuesday: Rest! 10 miles
- Wednesday: Denver to Loveland Pass to Denver Ride, 145 miles
- Thursday: Rest! 10 miles
- Friday: Off the bike completely! – ran a few miles to gym, lifted some weights, did some plyometrics, ran back home
- Saturday: Easy-going ride, 41 miles
- Sunday: Rest! – 12 miles
- Monday: 14er Attempt, Quandary
- Tuesday: Rest! – 15 miles
- Wednesday: Ride to Redrocks, Hike/Run Mt. Morrison, via the South Ridge Route, ride back home – 52 miles
- Thursday: Rest! 5 miles
- Friday: Ride to Boulder, few hours at The Spot, bouldering Gym, ride home – 100 miles
- Saturday: 1 1/2 hours on the trainer (not included in total), plus 2 miles outside.